Education: News & Videos about Education - CNN.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tool #2

I think it is very helpful to use Blogs from other sites to keep abreast of what is current in one's field of interest.  I went to sites that I regularly visit for updates and then found there Blog and added it to my list.  I think that sharing thoughts on a Blog is less personally than sharing them in person.  I don't really like the fact that I can't interact with the person I'm responding to.  I prefer directly communicating with my team.  This is like sending an email.  You don't know if the person on the other end is going to "get" what you are trying to say or if they will misinturpert your meaning.  It's ok to use if I'm just tossing a suggestion or in-site when it doesn't matter if it reaches the intended person... It's kind of like standing in front of noisy group of children and talking w/out getting their attention first.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your perspective - it's a common concern for many in this digital age. It's difficult keeping the personal touch using electronic gadgets. :+(

    ReplyDelete